French Rental Holidays is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
French Rental Holidays may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2011.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Names of client and guests in the client’s party
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new properties, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We do this in two ways:
- by displaying a valid SSL certificate
- by displaying a valid SiteLock seal
French Rental Holidays displays a valid SSL certificate. This certificate protects you in the following ways:
- It keeps you safe by protecting the information flow to and from our website. It encrypts names, addresses, passwords, account and credit card numbers and more so that hackers and other online criminals can't read them.
- Our SSL certificate serves as an electronic "passport". It establishes our website's authenticity and credibility, as well as enabling the browser and Web server to build a secure encrypted connection.
- Credibility is established by checking the digital certificate, which includes: the certificate holder's name, the certificate's serial number and expiration date, a copy of the certificate holder's public cryptographic key and the digital signature of the certificate-issuing authority.
- Once you visit our SSL-protected pages, the following visual indicators appear to show you that our site is secure: a padlock icon in the browser's status bar, the https:// prefix in the URL and the GoDaddy.com site seal displayed on all our pages
- Our SSL Certificate has been installed with a Malware Scanner to ensure our site has not been infected with malicious links that spread viruses, Trojans, spyware or worms.
SITELOCK SECURITY SEAL
French Rental Holidays displays a valid SiteLock security seal. This security seal protects you in several ways:
- The SiteLock Security Seal is a widely-recognised emblem displayed on every page of our website. It is a clear indication that we have taken the necessary steps to protect our site and our site visitors. Sites may only display the SiteLock seal if they have been given the “all clear” after the SiteLock Scan.
- SiteLock performs daily scans of our website, identifying any vulnerabilities and protecting against threats like viruses, malware and cross site scripting. The security seal can only be displayed if these scans reveal that the site has not been "blacklisted” or blocked by servers.
- SiteLock verifies our credentials and contact information, demonstrating to our website visitors that we are a trustworthy and reputable business.
- Our website may only post the SiteLock Security Seal on our site once we and our site have been given the “all clear”. This lets all our visitors know that we are meeting rigorous safety and privacy standards.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us through our website.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.