Futuroscope, a theme park devoted to the moving image near Poitiers, offers fantastic education and great fun for all ages. It has so much to offer that one day there will be nowhere near enough. We have been visiting Futuroscope for over 7 years and still find attractions we haven't taken advantage of. New attractions are introduced every year and the park is an eclectic mix of the educational, the exciting and the pure thrilling!
Futuroscope is constantly updating its cinematic experiences as well as its famous pneumatic rides and its stunning evening show. Discount tickets are available and it is certainly recommended that you plan a return visit. Both our homes are ideally situated for daily visits to Futuroscope and offer a relaxing and welcoming base for you to return to at the end of an exciting day.
Futuroscope has received a big thumbs-up at PARENT DISH, who gave it a 5 out of 5 rating:
"My eyes were wide open, there was a smile on my face as I glanced over at my grinning son and I even managed to do that hands-in-the-air trick that fearless people do when we nose-dived downwards at speed".
Futoroscope is the best place to try out new experiences - many of them truly thrilling. Your day will be packed with experiences to fire up your imagination.
THE TELEGRAPH has also given its endorsement to Futuroscope as an experience the whole family can enjoy:
"Here, futuristic architecture blends with a relaxing landscape, with 60 hectares of tranquil green countryside to explore and 25 original experiences to discover."
- ARTHUR, THE 3D ADVENTURE: Top of the visitor polls at Futuroscope is 'Arthur, the 4D Adventure' the first attraction created by the French director of the Arthur and the Invisibles films – Luc Besson. Shrink and become a Minimoy, but don’t wait for ten moons to pass! Climb onto your flying ladybuggy and join Arthur in a hair-raising race against time, whizzing around the fairy-tale world of the Minimoys. Arthur has received the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) award for outstanding achievement.
- FLY ME TO THE MOON: Fly Me to the Moon by Belgian director Ben Stassen is the first European feature-length animated movie made entirely in digital 3D. It takes a witty new look at the famous Apollo 11 flight that took man to the moon. Children especially enjoy this fun film.
- COSMIC COLLISIONS: Could the sky collapse around our ears? Take a breathtaking journey through space and time to witness the massive cosmic crashes that shape the universe. Dome screen.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE: Discover the all-new adventures of The Little Prince in this special “Futuroscope edition” of the tale, complete with stunning sensory effects in an immersive theatre. Fly with him from planet to planet in search of the Rose. The platforms you stand on are rigged to deliver a range of special effects to accompany the 3D images, including: a ground that judders and shakes, rain, clouds, leg ticklers, smoke, blasts of air, soap bubbles, stroboscopes. 3D images, vibrating platform, thrilling effects, and more.
- DYNAMIC VIENNE: As they sit in dynamic seats that move in sync with onscreen action, visitors discover the Vienne département during a fun and manic adventure. Wind, rain, smells and spatialised sound boost the adventure. The seats are operated by hydraulic pistons. 4D effects. The film is shown on a 3,230-ft² screen.
- THE GYROTOWER: A 360° observatory that gently spirals 45 metres (150 ft) up into the air for an outstanding panoramic view complete with commentary.
- ECO-DINGO: EcoDingo uses computer-generated images synchronised to seat movements, together with a sports commentary, to propel the hardiest visitors into a futuristic race inside astonishing graphical worlds. The seats are operated by hydraulic pistons to move in time with the on-screen action. Rise to the challenge of the 8th Continent and destroy the garbage that threatens our oceans. Get on your moving jet ski and blast the garbage monsters into pure air with your laser pistol. Each shot on target wins points!
- CASTLE OF GIDDINESS: Prepare to go into haywire mode as you explore six fantastical worlds devised by Moebius in this mindspinning show. Best hold on tight to the handrail when you're walking on the ceiling ! A staggering experience all round!
- DANCES WITH ROBOTS: In the vast ballroom, ten 23-ft-high articulated arms beckon visitors to take their seats in the giant palms. The music starts up with a rap, waltz or rock’n’roll beat, and the chrome robots swing into action with surprising grace as they perform a vigorous, airborne dance routine. Ten robot arms articulated in six directions, accelerating up to 3G.
- DEEP SEA 3D: The large, IMAX® 3D images projected against the giant dome screen plunge visitors into the deep sea, into an intriguing and colourful world. Over 60 different species of aquatic animal that have never been shown on a giant screen of this size until now. Explore the ocean floors as they were 82 million years ago and meet gigantic sea creatures that are as amazing as they are terrifying. Follow the 3D adventures of Dolly, one of these giants from the deep, on a 9,700-ft² screen.
- JOURNEY INTO THE DARK: Experience a "different" world and what daily life is like for the visually impaired as you are led by a blind guide through a series of specially arranged zones prepared using objects, smells and sounds. Could it be the way to achieve a better understanding of others and to build tomorrow's world is through eyes that do not see?
Participants will be asked to make a donation of 4 € per adult, 3 € for children aged 8 to 16 and 3 € for groups of 8 or more. Part of the profits will be used to purchase colour sensors for the visually impaired.
- MISSION ECLABOUSSE: A hands-on aquatic attraction for all the family in which visitors navigate their way around a fantasy island on boats armed with water cannons, moving among the mist sprays, geysers and moving water jets. Their aim is to shoot the targets on the water’s surface, and the other boats, without getting sprayed themselves. But will they avoid the snipers lurking around the water’s edge..? Guaranteed to cause floods of laughter!
- CHILDREN'S WORLD: Children's World is a unique place where both young and old can play a range of amazing games. Come and play in a vast, open-air world of games, have a great time laughing and relaxing "en famile".
- CYBER AVENUE: A gallery just for arcade games and multimedia fun.
Sixty arcade games (extreme skiing, Formula 1, Soccer, Jet Ski...) make your wildest dreams come to life - with extreme sensations guaranteed! Free Internet access.
- THE FUTURE IS WILD: The expedition vehicles launch you on an interactive safari far, far into the future, across steppes, marshland and tropical jungle. Armed with binoculars and sensor bracelets, you will discover and communicate with animals that could be living on our planet in 5 million, 100 million and 200 million years from now such as toratons, spitfire birds, carakillers, squibbons, and more. This whole new type of experience combines reality with virtual reality so that you can ride into the future... today!
- TRAVELLERS BY AIR & BY SEA: Meet the masters of the air and the sea and join them as they journey free across their habitats. Two gigantic screens, one in front and one under your feet, let you fly like a bird above the whales and dolphins… Giant screen IMAX double system.
- THE BEST OF DYNAMIC CINEMA: The Best of Dynamic Cinema treats thrill fans to its greatest films festival, getting to whiz through Devil’s Mine Ride, hurtling into the harrowing world of Superstition, and more. An adrenalin overdrive!
CAUTION : Dynamic effects cranked up to the max ! Viewers must be in good physical condition.
- THE WINGS OF COURAGE: Relive the epic story of the Aéropostale airmail service in 3D as you join pilot Henri Guillaumet in his incredible battle to escape the Andes mountain range. Join Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and Jean Mermoz and relive the epic story of the Aéropostale airmail service, and Henri Guillaumet’s escape from death in the middle of the Andes mountain range, all in 3D. A stirring human adventure! This is an uplifting and poignant story and highly recommended for all ages. It is one of the longest-running attractions at Futuroscope - testament to its enduring popularity. 3-D glasses and full translation through headsets (available at the entrance to the park) mean you won't miss a thing. By Jean-Jacques Annaud, with Craig Sheffer, Tom Hulce, Val Kilmer and Elisabeth McGovern.
The culmination of this exciting, action-packed and educational day out is the evening show that begins at nightfall, LA FORGE AUX ÉTOILES, a brand new show for the 2016 season. The vast water stage comes to life each and every evening to take visitors into a world of enchantment. This stunning musical fairy tale blends giant images on water screens, special effects, lasers, jets of flame and light to end the day at Futuroscope in a glorious extravaganza.
Get ready to be blown away by the big bang razzmatazz of visual, aquatic and pyrotechnic effects. The constellation of fairytale scenes takes you into the magical story of a young girl who meets a virtual giant with his feet on the ground and his head in the stars.
Cirque du Soleil has created a tailor-made show inspired by the original style of Futuroscope’s architecture and theatres that reach for the stars. It added its creative flair to Futuroscope’s technological expertise to explore a new form of expression: a show in which the actors are represented and perform through the magic of images and special effects.
The impressive array of technical gadgetry that brings the brand new set design to life across the 75,000 square foot water stage features new pyrotechnics and aquatic effects, lightshows on water screens and innovative and dazzling choreography between lights and lasers. The unique 115 feet high structure complete with screen and water wall is the canvas for a fairytale show beyond your wildest dreams.
The terrace seating rises from the lakeside. It portrays inhabitants from the five continents looking out onto a vast lake that forms one of the largest water stages in Europe against the backdrop of a 36-ft-high waterfall.
YOU CAN READ MUCH MORE ABOUT THESE ATTRACTIONS AT THE